JHOSI provides prevention and empowerment programs to youth and young adults male and female. We strive to enhance the lives of individuals through enrichment programs that serve and inspire individual advancement.
Our programs result in the increase of self confidence, educational and personal development.
to Our Site
Meet the Founder Sharmaine S. Brown and learn more about Jared's Heart of Success Inc.
Sharmaine Brown is the founder of Jared's Heart of Success, Inc. (JHOSI) a 501 (c) 3 Nonprofit providing gun and group violence intervention to the communities in Georgia and South Carolina. Mrs. Brown is a passionate leader for change in her community, partnering with local school districts and after school programs to provide programs and counseling for youth.
Mrs. Brown is an advocate for public safety measures with a strong desire to protect people from all forms of violence, As the CEO, Mrs. Brown also partners and advocates with other organizations locally and nationally.
- Activist Dekalb County GVIP
- Advocate for Gun Violence Prevention
- Everytown Faith Advisory Council Member
- Sandy Hook National School Advisory Council
- GSAN Afterschool Community Champion
- GUIDE Prevention Advisory Board Member
- Moms Demand Action Dekalb Chapter Lead GA
- 2022 Civic Innovation Fellow
Sharmaine Brown- Founder & Executive Director -President
Myrtle B. Milton- Vice President
Yolanda Hatch- Secretary
Rovina Terry Billingslea-Board Chair
Cadance Sims- Board Advisor
Jared's Heart of Success work also consists of Advocacy. We currently partner with organizations to advocate on behalf of public safety measures that can protect people from all forms of violence and gun violence. Our goal is to bring awareness to gun violence and to educate and empower individuals with knowledge and strategies needed to help save lives.
Sharmaine also shares her personal story nationally with others through the Everytown Survivor Network, inviting them to join the movement to ending gun violence. She has been featured in VOGUE, Voyage ATL, VoyageSC and seen on several news outlets speaking on gun violence prevention and has spoken to legislators on Capitol Hill.
Sharmaine has received the following awards:
- 2022 Outstanding Leadership and Dedication to youth safety Sandy Hook Promise.
- 2021 Outstanding Leadership and Dedication to youth safety Sandy Hook Promise.
- 2020 Adult Advisor of the Year from Guide, Inc.
- 2019 Jared’s Heart of Success Inc- Youth Action Team of the Year from Guide, Inc.
- 2018 Unsung Heroine Public Service award from Saving Our Children and Families, Inc.
2017 Bold and Fearless award from the National Coalition of 100 Black Women.
Other Published Articles: